Pebble Dash Repair Services in London
We also provide pebble dashing service for the walls. This is a method used on walls of the exterior and it proves to be very cost effective. Pebble dashing is generally done on surfaces where the brickwork doesn’t look good anymore. It adds a rustic look to the wall and is generally done on period properties where other means of redoing the wall would prove to be more costly.
How to Repair a Pebble Dash Wall
Pebble Dashing derives its name from the process of throwing pebbles on web cement or top coat of the render so that they stick to the surface. This gives the wall a weathered and textured look. When done nicely and efficiently on exteriors, pebble dashing can transform the look of the property completely.
A pebble dash wall is a unique addition to any living space. The designs have small pebbles embedded in a cement or mortar coasting. With long exposure to everyday use, the pebbles or stones in the wall often get damaged, posing a challenge to the wall’s appearance and structural integrity. The need for pebble dash wall repairs can arise to restore quality and prevent elements from reaching the core of the structure.
- To do so skillfully, remove any loose or damaged pebbles from the wall and clean the surface with a wire brush or pressure washer.
- Identify the extent and nature of the damage and whether it will require fillers or retouching will be more effective to match the surrounding surface.
- To reattach loose pebbles, apply a layer of superior-grade adhesive and press the pebbles firmly against the surface.
- Apply a coat of pebble dash render over the repaired areas to restore texture.
- Allow the pebble dash wall to dry. Protect the area from moisture to prevent any damage.
Some Good Solutions for Cracked Pebble Dash Walls
If your pebble dash walls are in need of a new and fresh breath of life, there are multiple options you can choose from. These options do not look superimposed as a last-minute fix but instead come across as a genius way of making the best out of existing decor.
However, incorporating these fixes depends on the nature of the damage, its severity and the budget you are willing to allocate. Here are some good solutions you can use to make your cracked pebble dash walls seem like a work of art:
- Consider using a filler to take care of small cracks.
- Apply a layer of pebbledash coating to cover the wall and give a new uniform look to your wall.
- Re-pebbledash the entire wall to give the wall a new lease of life.
- Add a layer of insulation to the pebble dash wall to prevent moisture from leaking into the inner parts of the wall.
Plastering, have undertaken numerous pebble dashing projects in our kitty and have left our clients extremely pleased with the results. We even let you choose the type of pebbles or stone for the wall. You can either choose to do pebble dash with stones or even with jagged chippings. The chippings embed and stick with the cement better and stay for long. You can also choose to paint the stones for a finished look.
So, if you are looking to give your exteriors a transformed look, consider our pebble dashing service. We will be happy to serve you. Call us today to get a no-obligation quote from us.